Thursday, October 31, 2013

Lakeland 102013 Fifth Part.

FLLW
Frank Lloyd Wright.
Florida Southern
 Most, if not all of you have seen views of this campus before.
It is in my opinion one of the true Architectural Landmarks of the World.
That is a huge statement That I will stand by.
Among the greatest are

Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Chartres

La Sagrade Familia

Ok Ok maybe I overstated it's importance a bit.
Let us just say If you are in Lakeland
and do not visit this landmark,
 well it is your loss.



























 










8 comments:

  1. I agree. I was astounded the first time I visited it. Still holds up. NIce photos, too, pal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have mentioned my architectural mentor, Robert Broward. He worked on this campus and was a Wrightian Devotee. While sitting in the chapel, this last visit, I began to understand what Wright was about. It was a quite epiphany.
      Wright (always Mr. Wright, to Bob) said the Architecture was frozen music.
      An understanding of that concept comes through these buildings for me.
      Finally.
      When you look at this Architecture one should try to hear the music of the 1930s.
      Thanks again for your kindness.

      Delete
  2. Most excellent. Glad to see you're working. Can't seem to get motivated to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Indeed, Punch and Charleston's excellent adventure. Great week-end bro.
      Yeah I am on some sort of tear Here. I hoping to get my chops back.
      Nice meeting Pixel Peeper.
      Think I'll go to Bartow this weekend. Boy Howdy.

      Delete
  3. On one of my walks around Florida Southern, I ran into a couple who had come from Denmark - yes, Denmark! - to see this campus.

    "Frozen music" ... I like that. I have to think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you,
    Thank You,
    Danka,

    for validating my preposterous statement.

    ReplyDelete

Gems of thought

Followers

About Me

My photo
email punchnojudy@gmail.com, love being alive, the alterntiative has lousy hours, liberal and don't care if you give me cracked corn.