Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What Fresh Hell?

Obscure reference 12&1



Stayin' with the thought from last evening.
I have to say that the intelligentsia of this great country is movin' on.
Walkin' Man said it best
(as always, (I don't know if i believe he really was an auto mechanic))

one just has to 'shrug', join the wise, and move on.
(phooey)

Hank Snow was the writer that day.

That big eight-wheeler rollin' down the track
Means your true-lovin' daddy ain't comin' back
'Cause I'm movin' on, I'll soon be gone
You were flyin' too high, for my little old sky
So I'm movin' on
That big loud whistle as it blew and blew
Said hello to the southland, we're comin' to you
When we're movin' on, oh hear my song
You had the laugh on me, so I've set you free
And I'm movin' on
Mister fireman won't you please listen to me
'Cause I got a pretty mama in Tennessee
Keep movin' me on, keep rollin' on
So shovel the coal, let this rattler roll
And keep movin' me on
Mister Engineer, take that throttle in hand
This rattler's the fastest in the southern land
To keep movin' me on, keep rollin' on
You gonna ease my mind, put me there on time
And keep rollin' on
I've told you baby, from time to time
But you just wouldn't listen or pay me no mind
Now I'm movin' on, I'm rollin' on
You've broken your vow, and it's all over now
So I'm movin' on
You've switched your engine now I ain't got time
For a triflin' woman on my main line
Cause I'm movin on, you done your daddy wrong
I warned you twice, now you can settle the price
'Cause I'm movin on
But someday baby when you've had your play
You're gonna want your daddy but your daddy will say
Keep movin' on, you stayed away too long
I'm through with you, too bad you're blue

Keep movin' on

2 comments:

  1. Not all movement is a good thing but then I consider moving on always a the right move. There is always a new some thing or one to encounter. Keeps it interesting.

    and yes I was a licensed certified master auto/truck mechanic. which is why I know about motion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear that song in my head as I read it. Another one... "I'm a thinkin' and a wonderin' all the way down the road, I once loved a women, a child I'm told, I gave her my heart but she wanted my soul, don't think twice, it's alright."

    ReplyDelete

Gems of thought

Followers

About Me

My photo
email punchnojudy@gmail.com, love being alive, the alterntiative has lousy hours, liberal and don't care if you give me cracked corn.