Saturday, August 7, 2010

What Fresh Internet Hell

Everybody's humpin' Google's payoff from Verizon so I thought I'd give it a go.
Got this in email over the internet.
Go figure.

I Might start using http://www.bing.com/ more often.


Dear Friend,

Google's motto is "Don't be evil," but Google is about to cut a deal with Verizon that would end the Internet as we know it.

According to a front-page New York Times story, the deal would allow"Verizon to speed some online content to Internet users more quickly if the content's creators are willing to pay for the privilege."

It would create fast Internet lanes for the largest corporations and slowlanes for the rest of us.

I just signed a petition telling Google, "Don't be evil." I hope you will,too.

With massive amounts of public pressure, we can stop this deal. Have a look and take action at the link below.


http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/google_verizon/?r_by=10371-2455012-p6Tgcyx&rc=mailto2

2 comments:

  1. It is also disturbing to me to realize that our blogs are owned by Google. I have thought for a long while that Google was not quite as benevolent as they profess. It has done some amazing things, but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. .... but almost noting is as benevolent as it professes ?
    sigh

    ReplyDelete

Gems of thought

Followers

About Me

My photo
email punchnojudy@gmail.com, love being alive, the alterntiative has lousy hours, liberal and don't care if you give me cracked corn.