Sunday, April 17, 2016

Sunday 4/17/16




I’m rather sure it was Steven king who said that Steinbeck mentioned to Faulkner, that when he wrote it was as though he were writing to his sister.
So here I am to writing to the walking intelliwench.  P.L.E.A.S.E. please, do not take offence to this.  You two writers, read my stuff.  That is a compliment. Thank you.
 Here are some of the rules of writing, I find give me the most pause:
Proofread carefully to see if you any words out. ~Author Unknown
A metaphor is like a simile. ~Author Unknown
I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork. ~Peter De Vries
Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable. ~Francis Bacon
Creative literature  -- unconcerned with sex, is inconceivable. Gertrude Stein
Be obscure clearly. ~E.B. White
The purpose of literature is to turn blood into ink. ~T.S. Eliot

And now I feel compelled to add a photograph. After all this is an illustrated manuscript.
Let’s see now “blood into ink,” yeah, that’s the ticket.

 Considered a very feminine flower and so is usually given or worn by women.
A hibiscus symbolizes a perfect woman.
During Victorian times, giving a hibiscus meant that the giver was acknowledging the receiver’s delicate beauty.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gems of thought

Followers

About Me

My photo
email punchnojudy@gmail.com, love being alive, the alterntiative has lousy hours, liberal and don't care if you give me cracked corn.